Deleting Tags from list

Is there any way to delete tags you no longer want or need from the tag list?

Tags only appear in the Find drop down and auto-complete lists if they exist in the document, so if you archive the lines which contain them, they will no longer appear those lists.

This fix doesn’t work for me. I have a tag in my tag list that I no longer use. I have completely deleted the line item on which it appeared. The item no longer exists in my task paper file. Yet the tag I used remains in the tag list and I am unable to delete it? Any help from anyone on how I might be able to delete a tag I no longer use or need?

You need to edit the configuration file tags.taskpaper as described here:

Just to expand a bit… generally tags should only show up in the sidebar if they are in your document. The tags.taskpaper configuration file provides an exception to this rule. Allowing you to have tags show up even if they are not currently used in your document.

@jessegrosjean @saf-dmitry

saf-dmitry: You need to edit the configuration file tags.taskpaper as described here:

jessegrosjean: Just to expand a bit… generally tags should only show up in the sidebar if they are in your document. The tags.taskpaper configuration file provides an exception to this rule. Allowing you to have tags show up even if they are not currently used in your document.

Thanks guys. That is something that I want to remember for later. Good to know for certain.

Thanks to everyone who replied so quickly to my little problem (annoyance, actually). This is what I love about forums like this and artisanal software. And your advice guided me to what I needed to do. Worked perfectly.

1 Like